Category: Schools - Secondary
Address: Queens Road West, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 4AY
Landline: 01254 2...
In the heart of Lancashire, it stands on an open site to the North of Accrington, The total area is approximately nine acres, of which six are occupied by playing fields and tennis courts.
The School, which was opened in 1958, is a community of parents, pupils past and present, school governors, clergy and staff. We have strong links with local parishes and clergy, many of whom come to School to assist at our regular Communion Services. St Christopher's is a Voluntary Aided School provided by Church Trustees, governed by a Governing body, with a majority of Church members, and maintained by the Lancashire County Council.
The school is conducted in accordance with the principles of the Church of England. Religious worship and religious teaching are important aspects of the curriculum. The School is over-subscribed since publication of league tables which drew attention to the academic successes of our pupils, 83% of whom gained at least 5 grades A* - C in 2010.